Monday, April 5, 2010

Nathan

A couple of weeks ago I went to the school to pick up the kids from school. I saw Nathan coming from a distance and I wondered what was on his face. As he got closer I wondered what had happened to him. Luckily, I remembered that during school that day they had artists from all around the area come to show the kids their craft. Among the group was a face painter.

Nathan was chosen as the only boy from his class to get his face painted. He chose to become a zombie. It looked really scary from a distance. When Jeff came home from work, Nathan was on the computer and Jeff was talking to him. I asked him if he noticed anything different about Nathan. Jeff's first thought was that Nathan had gotten in a fight.

I found the whole image so disturbing that at dinner I couldn't look at him or I'd lose my appetite. I couldn't even look at the kid while I was talking to him.

He of course loved it and was not happy when I made him wash it off before bed. At least we have the picture!

No comments: