Friday, January 16, 2009

My Great Husband and My Not So Great 2 Year Old

Earlier this week Jason decided to prove that he is a normal 2 year old. He was in the bathroom with me, when I stepped out for a few minutes to get dressed. That's all the time he needed to take my pearl necklace, grab it from both ends and pull. When I came back in the bathroom, it was in at least four pieces. I don't have much jewelry, but what I have, I'm quite fond of. I was not happy. After gathering the pieces, I realized that it could rather easily be fixed with the use of some needle nose pliers. So I put the necklace on the counter with the intention to get to it later. Well, as often happens, I didn't get back to it.



Yesterday morning, Jeff seemed to be taking a long time to get ready for the day. That's not all that unusual since he often has a hard time in the morning. I was downstairs getting the kids ready for school. He finally came and left for work.




When I went up later to take a shower for the day, this is what I found:






He had fixed the necklace and left me a message with Q-tips. It made my day. So I felt I had to brag a little about my sweet husband.



Now, I wish this story had a happy ending. Today my visiting teachers were over and the kids were downstairs playing. At least that's what I thought. Most of the kids were downstairs. It turns out that Jason had made his way back into my bathroom where he got ahold of the necklace again. The box I keep it in was empty and I could find a small piece of chain unattached to the necklace. After some diligent searching I finally found the rest of the necklace intact. So there's only one little piece of chain unattached. But, this doesn't look so easy to fix. My necklace may be done for now.



How long before he outgrows this phase? He also unloaded our toothpaste tube on the counter and the floss onto the floor. Earlier today he had pulled on our shower caddy breaking the hooks that held it up. This is all bringing back memories of Katie as a 2 year old. How will I ever survive this phase!


Update: Jeff was able to fix the necklace a second time. But, this time we have an extra piece of chain that we can't figure out how it fits in with the rest of the necklace. It obviously belongs, but we don't know where. The good news is that I can wear the necklace and no one will know!

3 comments:

Mark and Jana said...

I hate the destroying stage! At least you can wear the necklace.

LeAnna said...

that's a sweet story... the Jeff part anyway.

Jonathan and Cheri said...

Awww, Jeff is tender to you! It's clear you chose Jeff - he's forever, and Jason chose you - I didn't say chose to test you - but that stage will pass all too quickly and then he'll be all grown up and believe me, you'll miss it ;)