Monday, May 5, 2008

Birch Bay trip

About a month ago, Jeff and I left the kids with their Grandparents for a weekend and went to Birch Bay. By the end of March, we knew it wouldn't be really warm, but we were hoping for some nice weather. Well....it snowed on our way up there and rained and was cold for most of the weekend, but we had a great time anyway. We were there on a Sunday so we went to church in the morning, then I insisted we go back to the beach before going home. I was able to change out of my skirt in the car, but it wasn't so easy for Jeff, so he's in his suit.






Jeff, in his suit, on the beach. That's something you don't see every day.



I love this picture. Jeff, yes in a suit, skipping a rock. Nice action shot don't you think?

Aw. Aren't we cute. It really was a beautiful day.

And this is what we came home to.

Despite the weather, we had a great time being together. We ate out, played racquetball, walked along the beach, skipped rocks, etc. The only thing I missed was a good sunset on the beach. That's because (of course) we never saw the sun. Mostly we just enjoyed being together without the kids for awhile.

No comments: